Well there I am, my first photo as a 29 year old. I can hardly believe I’m starting the last year of my 20’s…my mind has yet to catch up with my body…I’m certain I’m only 25! However, I have a feeling this year is going to be special, don’t ask me why, but it is.
Here are 29 random facts and tid bits about me that you may not know!
1. I played soccer in college (Division III, lets not get too excited) College soccer holds some of my favorite memories and greatest friends.
2. I’ve been gluten free for about 5 years now. Contrary to popular belief it’s not because I live in California, my stomach and gluten do not get along.
3. I love doing laundry. Truly love it. My room mates in college can attest to me folding their laundry if they left their baskets out.
4. I’m a terrible speller. It’s actually a little embarrassing (I spelled embarrassing wrong while typing this…)
5. My first trip out of the country was to France when I was in high school…safe to say the travel bug sunk its teeth into me.
6. I’m an ENFP on the Meyers Briggs.
7. After I shot my first wedding I told everyone that weddings were sooo not for me and I’d never do it again. Fast forward a couple years and that’s exclusively what I shoot! Not sure what I was thinking!
8. I’ve lived in four states: Minnesota, Rhode Island, Virginia and California.
9. I ran a half marathon in under two hours in 2013 and decided to quit while I was ahead 🙂 I truly haven’t run since.
10. I own an astonishing amount of Captain America t-shirts and you can usually find me at opening day of any Marvel movie.
11. I studied abroad in Greece when I was a sophomore in college. While it sounds magical and it was, it came at a price. I gained a solid 15 pounds from eating, well everything (I’m looking at you Gyro shop down the street from our house). I am not shaming myself at all when I say this, it truly is funny and something my family and friends can laugh about.
12. I can sing (rap?) all the words to Aaron Carter’s “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It)”
13. Alex and I were on the Dave Ramsey show and did our debt free scream! If you don’t know who he is…you won’t think this is cool so move along.
14. I married my husband Alex 5 years ago in Newport, Rhode Island. We were engaged for three short months!
15. I love snail mail and think a thank you card can go an extremely long way. I don’t usually buy souvenirs when I’m traveling but I do always try and pick up stationary or cards from a local artist.
16. I’m the youngest of three, I have an older sister and older brother. For whatever reason people are always surprised to find out I have a brother, no one knows about him which is funny because we’re actually pretty close! Hi Greg and Steph 🙂
17. I’ve been to 39 states and as of next week 21 countries.
18. I don’t have any tattoos which seems weird these days. I’ve had a tattoo idea for about two years but haven’t pulled the trigger.
19. My dream is to one day run an extraordinary Bed & Breakfast/Airbnb with Alex. We’ve loved traveling together and some of our favorite memories are attached to some really special accommodations. I would love to create a place for other to do the same.
20. I am SO envious of people that can sing. I’m not asking to be the next Carrie Underwood or anything but I would trade any of my talents to be able to sing.
21. I absolutely positively HATE balloons. I can’t even type about this without cringing. My kids will never have balloons at their birthday parties…they are just going to have to deal.
22. Speaking of kids…why yes….we do want them, someday. We thought we’d get a few years of marriage in before we thought about kids and before we knew it we were having so much fun and 5 years flew by.
23. Church and my faith are very important to me and I wish I showed it more. I struggle talking about faith which is why I love mission trips. It’s my way to use my gifts to glorify God in a capacity that doesn’t require me to speak about it…my hope is that my actions can speak for me.
24. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July! I love seeing everyone bursting with American pride! When I watch the fireworks I HAVE to listen to “God Bless the USA” or my 4th of July isn’t complete.
25. My maiden name is Pipal (Pie-pull) which is Czech. Rumor has it that gypsies from India settled in then Czechoslovakia and chose “Peepal” as their surname inspired from the Peepal tree in India. Kinda cool!
26. Chris Pine is my celebrity crush because he reminds me of Harrison Ford and ladies do we not all love Harrison? (and men, lets be real)
27. One of my favorite foods is meatloaf. So random, I know!
28. My favorite Pandora station is Eagles radio. My parents always played the Eagles growing up and it brings me so much comfort to listen to them.
29. Sometimes I still wonder what I want to be when I grow up.
I love having a January birthday, starting off the year completely fresh. As I start 2018 and my 29th years my goals and the thoughts in my head look something like this:
-Be selfless. I think you will always go far in life if you put others ahead of yourself. I’m really hoping to focus on that this year…whether that looks like volunteering, being a better friend or finding small (or large) ways to be generous.
-Grow closer to God. Any time I am with my Bible or reading a devotion is time well spent and I hope to better myself this year by challenging myself to connect with God during the week, not just on Sundays.
-Be slow to complain. I had one too many pity parties in 2017 and I’m ready to be DONE with that. There is always a silver lining and there is always someone that has it worse. Be grateful for where you are and what you have.
-Slow down. 2017 was a year I will never forget, it was jam packed with travels and adventures but it left me a little worn out. This year I’m looking forward to staying in one place for awhile, building relationships and growing my business. When I say stay put, I mean like maybe only leave the country twice instead of five times. Let’s be honest, I’m still me!
Did you read all of this?! You deserve an award 🙂